Monday, February 18, 2013

Introduction

Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who is this person? Is she real at all?

The Lord has me on a journey. It's one that has me scared and excited all at the same time. Who am I really? What kind of wife am I? What kind of mother am I? What kind of friend am I? What kind of therapist am I? Who is this person staring back at me in the mirror and who do others think me to be?

For a while now, I have been unsettled in who I am. For so long, I have put on so many faces and played so many characters that I have lost who I am in Christ. He has called me to be a wife, a mother, a friend and a therapist, but at the core, I have lost sight of me and have hidden several parts of me that I would rather not face.

I find it amazing that the Lord will continue to place you in situations where you have to deal with certain issues. It seems in the past year, every time I turn around, there are three issues I have been confronted with in sermons, conferences and my own person quiet times and they are authenticity, fear and faith. The truth is, I like to appear strong. I fear more than I should and I often lack faith and don't believe the Lord will do what He says He will do, even though He has proven Himself time and time again. Not sure where this journey will lead, but I know that it's one that I must walk, if I have any desire to answer any of the above questions and move forward on my journey with the Lord.

I can promise you that I will do my best to be real. I also promise you that I am not a great writer, but what you read will be who I am and more importantly, I pray that it reflects WHOSE I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment